SMEs and Interim help!
Of the 5.2 million businesses in the UK 99% are Small and Medium Enterprises (0-250 staff). SMES are the engine rooms of employment and growth in the UK economy and deserve every opportunity to reach their full growth potential.
Why an SME should use an Interim?
SMEs are NOT corporate organisations with unlimited resources and experts in every business area. Interim Directors and Managers can provide just-in-time expertise and experience at critical points in the development of your business without the need to take on a permanent overhead.
Who can I best help?
I'm passionate about helping SMEs grow and become profitable, but lets get the best match possible between your needs and my expertise.
Having worked with SMEs for 25 years (from start-up to sale) in both the UK and France and I understand the opportunities and hard challenges faced by leaders and management teams. I feel that you would get the best value from my services if :
- You are an SME with turnover £1 m - 500 m
- Looking for director or senior manager level support
- Based in the Midlands, North West England or London
- Have an assignment of no less than 3 months
How I can help you?
- Helping establish business wide priorities and strategy
- Analysing competition and evaluating growth potential
- Writing business, capability and action plans
- Reviewing management skills and structures
- Sales and Marketing planning
- Facilitating new product innovation and design
- Developing customer value propositions
- Online sales, websites and e-commerce
- Social media and client engagement
- As a gap manager covering for illness, maternity or short notice leavers
- As a project manager when your permanent resource is simply unable to cope
- As a mentor or coach for a member of your team
PROJECTS / OPERATIONS
- Managing the transition to out-sourcing or off-shoring
- Supply chain efficiency and raw material costs reviews
- Overhaul of administrative processes, IT, ERP and accounting systems
- Relocation or multi-site consolidation
- As a facilitator for an issue which your team have little or no experience e.g. gaining CE approval, implementation of ISO or Investors in People (IIP).
- Sales Forecasting
- Funding support
- During Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial reporting structures and KPI setup
- Inventory management
- Cash-flow forecasting and management
- Company preparation for sale
- Closure or shut-down
Benefits of having me as your Interim
- Hit the ground running
- Results and deadline focused
- Only with you for a short-time
- Experienced with best practices
- Honest, candid and creative
- Practical, cost conscious and flexible
- The right expertise when you need it
- Knowledge is transferred to your staff
- The great results are yours
- I slip away quietly
What Next ?
If you interested in Interim business help, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Ward MBA
Interim Director | Interim Manager
Passionate about helping SMEs grow. Holds an MBA underpinned with 25 years experience running and advising SME businesses.